For adding new bookmark in the existing document, perform the following steps:
- Click on the bookmark icon in the Navigation panel to open the Bookmark panel;
- Go to a page or chapter where you want to set bookmark;
- Click on “Add Bookmark” in the bookmark panel;
- Type name of your new created bookmark.
To edit already existing bookmark in the document, perform the following steps:
- For renaming bookmark:
- Double click on selected bookmark to rename.
- Click on F2 on selected bookmark to rename.
- For setting bookmark appearance:
- Right click on selected bookmark click on Properties.
- In properties window can be changed selected bookmark appearance like:
- Style (plain, bold, italic, bold & italic);
- Text color
CovePDF allows you to customize the bookmark’s hierarchy by moving appropriate bookmarks across the Bookmark tree.
The process for moving bookmarks is more than easy:
- Select the bookmark you want to move.
- Hold the mouse down drag and drop in the desired place.
- The line indicate where bookmark will be placed. Horizontal arrow indicate that the bookmark will be placed top level bookmark. While rectangle indicate that, the bookmark will be placed as sub – level on the rectangle selected bookmark.
- Note: Even when the bookmark is moved, original destination of bookmark is saved.