Once you have inserted your annotation, e.g. a comment, the Comments Pane will open. In the comments pane there is a button ‘Reply’ under each annotation box. You can use this button if you want to give your suggestions or thoughts regarding the current comment or highlighted text. After inserting the comments in the comment box, click on the ‘Post comment’ button in order for your comments to be placed in the document.
Also you can see the history of the conversation for some annotation by clicking on the total number of replies. CovePDF will expand all replies regarding selected comment.
In addition, you can set status on a comment or mark ups:
You can set four types of status:
- None status is always set as default
To set a status on a comment or mark ups perform the following steps:
- Select annotation you want to set a status
- Right click on mouse from context menu choose "Set Status"
- A list consisted of types status will appear
- Choose the type of status you want to set on selected annotation
- Icon for selected status will appear in the comment box. Beside icon it will appear a number that represent how many users set the same status on selected annotation. To see more detailed information about set statuses on certain annotation you can see either from comment box status icon or right click on annotation choose “Properties” and Review History.
Once an annotation is inserted, the annotation properties can be found by right click on the annotation and select properties.
The properties dialog is consisted of 3 tabs:
- Review History
Under the appearance tap, the opacity, color or icon type can be changed for each annotation individually.